Welcome to ASD's Career Page
Come Work With Us!
ASD - Answering Service for Directors is looking for professional and compassionate Call Specialists to join our team!
As the answering service trusted by more than 35 percent of the nation’s funeral homes, ASD has established a reputation for offering our clients the highest level of service. We are a true business partner to the funeral professionals we serve. Our employees are patient, caring individuals who are responsible for ensuring funeral home callers receive first-class customer service.
ASD has been a family owned and operated company since 1972. More than half of our staff has been with us for 3 years or longer and over 50 of our employees have worked at ASD for more than 7 years, with the average length of employment around six years. The strong teamwork environment is an added bonus to the many performance incentives and rewards available to our employees. ASD's policy of promoting from within creates excellent opportunities for our staff to grow. We reward proven talent, so it's no surprise many of our employees were hired as Call Specialists and have since found their careers at ASD.
We are currently hiring for the next training program for our entry-level Call Specialist position! In this role, you will take phone calls for funeral homes across the United States and Canada. Interested candidates should call 610-744-1200 and leave a Voice Introduction as the first step in the interview process.
- Receive, place, and transfer telephone calls using appropriate phone etiquette.
- Record and deliver all messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a friendly and compassionate attitude while assisting emotional callers.
- Understand and respect client and caller confidentiality.
- Candidates must be able to touch type 35 WPM. Before applying, we recommend www.typingtest.com to test your typing speed and accuracy.
- Candidates must pass an assessment to evaluate spelling, grammar, and comprehension skills.
- Weekend and holiday hours are required.
- Basic computer knowledge is a must.
- Earn an effective pay rate of $17.00 - $20.00 per hour. Your effective payrate will include a weekday base rate, weekend rate, holiday rate, and performance and attendance bonuses.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Supplemental Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Opportunity for Internal Advancement
- Additional Incentives for Spanish Bilingual Candidates
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work from home
- Weekend pay differential
- Triple-time pay on Holidays
- Free gym membership
How to Apply
If you are interested in starting your career at ASD, please call 610-744-1200 to leave a Phone Introduction. You will be greeted by a recording that will provide further instructions.
For more information about employment at ASD, email careers@myASD.com.