Welcome to ASD's Career Page
Come Work With Us!
ASD - Answering Service for Directors is looking for professional and compassionate Call Specialists to join our team!
As the answering service trusted by more than 35 percent of the nation’s funeral homes, ASD has established a reputation for offering our clients the highest level of service. We are a true business partner to the funeral professionals we serve. Our employees are patient, caring individuals who are responsible for ensuring funeral home callers receive first-class customer service.
ASD has been a family owned and operated company since 1972. More than half of our staff has been with us for 3 years or longer and over 50 of our employees have worked at ASD for more than 7 years, with the average length of employment around six years. The strong teamwork environment is an added bonus to the many performance incentives and rewards available to our employees. ASD's policy of promoting from within creates excellent opportunities for our staff to grow. We reward proven talent, so it's no surprise many of our employees were hired as Call Specialists and have since found their careers at ASD.
We are currently hiring for the next training program for our entry-level Call Specialist position! In this role, you will take phone calls for funeral homes across the United States and Canada. Interested candidates must call 610-744-1200 to leave a Voice Introduction as the first step in the interview process. Additional instructions will be provided throughout the process via text message and email.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive, place, and transfer telephone calls following ASD Standards and protocols
- Interact with customers via online web chat following ASD Standards and protocols
- Record and deliver all messages in an accurate and timely manner
- Forward client questions and complaints to appropriate staff members
- Maintain a friendly and compassionate attitude while assisting emotional callers
- Understand and respect client and caller confidentiality
Required Skills & Abilities
- Visual acuity to quickly navigate an abundance of on-screen account information with instructions necessary to gather and disseminate accurate messages to clients in an expeditious manner
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk while constantly operating computer equipment
- Excellent communication skills including active listening. Must be able to speak clearly to effectively and efficiently communicate with telephone callers
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software and basic technical troubleshooting
- Ability to remain impartial when dealing with conflict or emotional callers
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Candidates must be able to touch type 35 WPM. Before applying, we recommend visiting www.typingtest.com to test your typing speed and accuracy.
- Candidates must pass an assessment to evaluate transcription, spelling, grammar, and comprehension skills.
- Weekend and holiday hours are required.
- Basic computer knowledge is a must.
Work from Home Requirements
- A home computer set-up will be supplied by the company for use during employment.
- High Speed Internet with a wired ethernet connection with a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps is required. You can test your speed at: speed.cloudflare.com. Satellite internet will not be compatible with our system. Wi-Fi cannot be used for work purposes.
- A designated workspace that is quiet and distraction-free during your work shift is a must.
- Earn an effective pay rate of $18-23 per hour. Your effective pay rate will include a weekday base rate, weekend rate, holiday rate, and performance and attendance bonuses.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Supplemental Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Black Card Planet Fitness Membership
- Headspace Membership
- Opportunity for Internal Advancement
- Additional Incentives for Spanish Bilingual Candidates
How to Apply
If you are interested in starting your career at ASD, please call 610-744-1200 to leave a Phone Introduction. You will be greeted by a recording that will provide further instructions.
For more information about employment at ASD, email careers@myASD.com.