Answering Service Jobs with Growth Potential
ASD Answering Service for Directors is seeking professional and compassionate Call Specialists to join our team. If you want a rewarding career with opportunities for advancement, learn more about our open positions below or apply now by calling 610-744-1200 and leaving your Voice Introduction.
Why Join ASD?
As the answering service trusted by more than 35% of the nation’s funeral homes, ASD has established a reputation for offering our clients the highest level of service. We are a true business partner to the funeral professionals we serve. Our employees are patient, caring individuals responsible for ensuring that funeral home callers receive first-class customer service.
ASD has been a family-owned and operated company since 1972. More than half of our staff has been with us for more than seven years, with the average length of employment around six years. The robust teamwork environment is a bonus to the many performance incentives, benefits, and rewards available to our employees. ASD’s policy of promoting from within creates excellent opportunities for our staff to grow. We reward proven talent, so it’s no surprise that many of our employees were hired as Call Specialists and have since found their careers at ASD.
Open Answering Service Jobs
We are hiring entry-level Call Specialists interested in answering service jobs from home. In this role, you will take phone calls for funeral homes across the United States and Canada.
If you want to start your career at ASD with one of our call center jobs, please call 610-744-1200 to leave a phone introduction. A recording will greet you and provide further instructions.
- Receive, place, and transfer telephone calls following ASD Standards and protocols
- Interact with customers via online web chat following ASD Standards and protocols
- Record and deliver all messages in an accurate and timely manner
- Forward client questions and complaints to appropriate staff members
- Maintain a friendly and compassionate attitude while assisting emotional callers
- Understand and respect client and caller confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- The company will supply a home computer set-up for use during employment.
- High-Speed Internet with a wired ethernet connection with a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 8 Mbps is required. You can test your speed at: speed.cloudflare.com. Satellite internet will not be compatible with our system. Wi-Fi cannot be used for work purposes.
- A designated quiet and distraction-free workspace during your work shift is a must.
- Candidate must reside in approved state for hire.
- Visual acuity to quickly navigate an abundance of on-screen account information to gather and disseminate accurate messages to clients
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk while constantly operating computer equipment
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening. Must be able to speak clearly to effectively and efficiently communicate with telephone callers
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software and basic technical troubleshooting
- Ability to remain impartial when dealing with conflict or emotional callers
- Candidates must be able to touch type 35 WPM. Before applying, we recommend visiting www.typingtest.com to test your typing speed and accuracy.
- Candidates must pass an assessment to evaluate transcription, spelling, grammar, and comprehension skills.
- Weekend and holiday hours are required.
- Basic computer knowledge is a must.
- Earn an effective pay rate of $22-$27 per hour. Your effective pay rate will include a weekday base rate, weekend rate, holiday rate, and performance and attendance bonuses.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Supplemental Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Black Card Planet Fitness Membership
- Headspace Membership
- Opportunity for Internal Advancement
- Additional Incentives for Spanish Bilingual Candidates
What It’s Like to Work at ASD
“People pass away every day and they need people who have feelings, who have sympathy, that can console and direct them in the right place during that difficult time. We’re making a difference on a daily basis and people just don’t quite understand that unless they’ve done it themselves. If you want to grow, this is a perfect place. It very much believes in people who believe in themselves. It’s a family-owned business thats organically grown & there’s a lot of opportunity.”
“For me, the most rewarding part about working at ASD is that I haven’t only developed a relationship with my coworkers, but I have gained a second family. I also feel privileged to have helped console so many families in my time here. I’ve had the opportunity to work in three different departments at ASD; I started as a call specialist, then after 9 years I had the experience to work as a New Client Specialist with our Sales team for 3 years, and most recently was given the opportunity to join the ASD Client Solutions Team. It’s been a great adventure so far!”
“I think the greatest thing about being a Call Specialist at ASD is you have such flexibility. Working a full-time schedule or part-time, you’re always able to get extra shifts, you’re always able to give away your shifts, so it really gives you the opportunity to have extra time in your own life. You’re also recognized for the work you put in, so everyone starts as a Call Specialist and what you put into it is what you get out of it.”
Human Resources Administrator
“I like helping people, especially in a time of their need. I also love the flexibility ASD offers me for a real-life work balance. My kids say all the time how happy they are that I can get them from school every day. The company also offers a terrific benefits package. I also appreciate the community efforts ASD is involved in. Overall, a great place to work!”
Training Call Specialist
How to Apply
ASD offers a rewarding and gratifying work experience, with career opportunities extending beyond conventional phone service roles. Fostering an environment where team members are passionate about their work, care for each other, and share a common goal of the company’s success has consistently been a priority under ASD’s leadership.
Interested candidates must call 610-744-1200 to leave a Voice Introduction as the first step in the interview process. We will provide additional instructions throughout the process via text message and email.
For more information about employment at ASD, email careers@myASD.com.