ASD – Answering Service for Directors is always looking for professional and compassionate candidates to work as Call Specialist in our 24/7 Call Center located in Media, PA. As the answering service trusted by 25 percent of the nations funeral homes, ASD has established a reputation for offering our clients the highest level of service. We are a true business partner to the funeral professionals we serve. Our employees are patient, caring individuals who are responsible for ensuring funeral home callers receive first-class customer service.
ASD has been a family owned and operated company since 1972. We have experienced tremendous growth, even during this difficult economy, and our workforce is still growing. More than 100 people work for ASD. The strong team work environment is an added bonus to the many performance incentives and rewards available to our employees. ASD's policy of promoting from within creates excellent opportunities for our staff to grow. We reward proven talent, so it's no surprise that many of our long-standing employees began as part-time employees and have since made ASD their career.
Benefits of Working at ASD:
We offer a competitive salary, flexible shifts, vacation and company-paid benefits such as health insurance and a 401K plan with a match. Benefits are available to all employees who work a minimum of 24 hours per week. On-site exercise equipment is available to all employees. Our growth in the Hispanic community has created opportunities for bi-lingual Call Specialists, including incentives. ASD's investment in technology has created a state-of-the-art call center where employees utilize the most advanced systems available. The open-air work environment is clean, bright and friendly.
Complete list of benefits:
- Average starting rate is $14.50 an hour (with incentives).
- Paid training period
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance offered
- A matching 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Attendance bonus
- Performance bonus
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off for illness and personal days
- Flexible hours
- Smoke-free offices
- Break room vending machines, including coffee
- Friendly work environment
- On-site exercise facility
- Weekend pay differential
- Triple-time pay on holidays
- Additional incentives for bi-lingual employees
ASD assists funeral homes and funeral related businesses of all sizes by professionally handling their telephone calls when they cannot. If you excel in an environment where you can provide comfort and assistance to others, a career at ASD may be right for you. New employees must be able to speak gently and professionally on the phone with the understanding that it may be the worst day of the caller's life. Candidates must possess essential communication skills and present a professional telephone demeanor at all times. The duties of this position include empathetically gathering Death Call information from family members and nurses, coordinating removals, answering questions from the public, and facilitating communication for multiple funeral homes. The ideal applicants will be patient and empathetic individuals, dedicated to helping others.
While no prior experience or education is required to work at ASD, all employees must complete an extensive, three part test, to evaluate your typing, memory, spelling and grammar abilities. Additionally, new hires must exhibit certain skills within six months of their start date to continue with ASD. These skills include:
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Empathetic, patient phone demeanor with clear speaking voice
- Strong attention to detail with essential English and grammar skills
- Excellent composure with the ability to calmly defuse emotionally unstable callers
- Commitment to excellent attendance and proven reliability
- Exceptional short term memory with an ability to take accurate, thorough messages
- Extensive familiarity of funeral customs, terms and procedures
- Dependable team player attitude with an understanding that calls cannot be put off and must be handled immediately, including weekends, holidays, and days with extreme weather conditions
- Perceptive and conscientious with intuition to quickly determine the needs of each caller.
How to Apply
If you are interested in starting your career at ASD, please call 610-744-1200 to leave a Phone Introduction. You will be greeted by a recording that will provide further instructions.
For more information about employment at ASD, email careers@myASD.com.