Meet ASD's Most Recognizable Voice: Ms. Helene
Jan 10, 2013
ASD'S MONTHLY EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT
For more than 15 years, ASD Call Specialist, Helene, has dedicated herself to providing comfort and compassion to funeral home callers. Known affectionately at the office as “Ms. Helene”, Helene began working at ASD in 1997 when we first began branching out to funeral homes beyond our local area. Our Operations Managers observed Helene's empathetic phone demeanor, excellent listening skills and attention to detail early on. She has proved her dedication time and time again, both through her exemplary work and outstanding attendance.
One of the most common questions we hear from our clients is, “How is Ms. Helene doing?” At conventions, her name comes up more than any other. Some can remember her answering their calls over a decade ago with the same sweet and empathetic tone. We thought you might enjoy getting to know a little more about ASD's Most Recognizable Voice:
- How has ASD changed since you first started working here?
- ASD has grown so much since I started. It has been fascinating to see all of the changes over the years. I am so proud to be part of this company.
- What are some things you learned from working at ASD?
- Teamwork! Besides being my employer, ASD is like an extension to my family. As Henry Ford said, “Coming together is a beginning...keeping together is progress...working together is success.” I've also learned a great deal from our clients. They are wonderful to work for and are extensions of our families too.
- What was one of your most difficult calls?
- My most difficult calls were the calls that came in on 9/11. The callers were stunned and devastated as was the entire country. Our clients and their callers went through some horrific times that day.
- What are some of your personal hobbies and interests?
- Spending time with family and friends—enjoying lunch and shopping trips with them. My very favorite thing is watching the Phillies—on TV, in person, even on commercials! Love Our Phillies!
- What do you like most about your job?
- Knowing that my co-workers, supervisors and our managers are dedicated to providing assistance in every way that we can. At the end of the day you go home and feel as though you made a difference. I am very fortunate to work at ASD.
What other employees say about Ms. Helene:
The most special thing about this woman is how much she cares. She cares about her fellow employees, her callers, and her clients so much.. She is absolutely oozing with kindness. I love working with such an amazing person!"-ASD Call Specialist Crystal.
Each month, ASD will be spotlighting a different employee on our blog. Be sure to check back to see who February's Employee Spotlight will feature!
About The Author
Jess Farren (Fowler)
Jess Farren (Fowler) is a Public Relations Specialist and Staff Writer who has been a part of the ASD team since 2003. Jess manages ASD's company blog and has been published in several funeral trade magazines. She has written articles on a variety of subjects including communication, business planning, technology, marketing and funeral trends. You can contact Jess directly at Jess@myASD.com